How do I clear my browser cache?
Browser 'Cache' - simply means the place where temporary internet files are stored. Internet browsers will store files that make web pages load faster the second and subsequent times you visit them. So 'Clearing browser cache' is the same as 'Delete Temporary Internet Files'
It is good housekeeping to clear this as often as possible.
Select Tools from the menu bar, then select Internet Options
- Select the Delete button in the Browsing history section
- Now remove all check marks including 'Preserve Favourites website data'
- Apply a check mark to 'Temporary Internet files' only
- Then select 'Delete'
- To exit Internet Options and save settings, select the main 'OK' button at the bottom of the window.
Select the History menu
- Select Clear Recent History
- Select 'Everything' from the drop down list of time range to clear
- Ensure only Cookies,Cache and Offline Website Data is ticked
- Now select Clear Now to delete the cache
- Go to ‘Tools' (Shown as 3 horizontal lines in the top right hand corner of the screen)
- Select ‘Settings'
- Select ‘Show advanced settings' at the bottom of the screen
- Select ‘Clear browsing data' under Privacy'
- Select 'the beginning of time' from the drop down box
- Tick ‘Empty the cache' & ‘Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data' and untick all other boxes
- Press the ‘Clear Browsing Data' button
- Open up the Safari Web browser.
- Click on the heading 'Safari' and choose 'Empty Cache' from the drop down menu. It will then ask you if you really want to delete the cache.
- Click on 'Empty' if you are ready to clear Safari's memory cache.
- Close and reopen the Safari Web browser.