Skip main navigation

Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience– both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies, continue to use the website. Alternatively, go to the cookies policy for more information on how to disable cookies.


There are many versions of the US tax form, which form do I complete?


A W8-BEN has to be completed by non-US persons, for person eligible to claim tax treaty benefits part II of this form also needs to be completed and W9 should be completed by a US citizen or other US person.  If you are in any doubt please contact our Contact Centre on 0800 279 6551 / 0141 352 3909.

How helpful was this answer?

Not at all Very helpful