Skip main navigation

Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience– both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies, continue to use the website. Alternatively, go to the cookies policy for more information on how to disable cookies.


How do I change my name on my account?


If you have recently changed your name, we require one of the following to update your account(s):
• Marriage Certificate (Original or an original certified copy)
• Deed Poll document (Original or an original certified copy)
• Decree Nisi (Original or an original certified copy)

We would also require a copy of the your old and new signatures.

Please send your documents to the following address:

Portfolio Maintenance Department
Barclays Stockbrokers
Tay House
300 Bath Street
G2 4LH

Please note all original documentation will be returned to you recorded delivery. We can only accept certified copies of a Marriage Certificate from an employee of the Barclays Group. For certified Deed Poll and Decree Nisi documents we can accept certification from either an employee of the Barclays group or other UK regulated financial services institution.

How helpful was this answer?

Not at all Very helpful