Skip main navigation

Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience– both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies, continue to use the website. Alternatively, go to the cookies policy for more information on how to disable cookies.


Why was my address changed to Gone Away and how do I update it?


An account is marked as 'Gone Away' when mail which we have sent to you, such as a statement or contract note, is returned to us by Royal Mail.

To rectify this we will require your instruction in writing or by secure email.
For secure email:

• Please log-in to your account
• Click the ‘PORTFOLIO & DEAL' option
• Select ‘My details' from the drop down bar
• Finally Manage address details

This will allow you to send a secure instruction detailing the new address and effective date.

Please note that joint MarketMaster® account holders cannot change address online. We would require a written instruction signed by both account holders.

For SIPP accounts we require written confirmation from your SIPP provider if the address on the account is to be changed from that of the SIPP Provider.

If you wish to change your address in writing, please send to our address as noted below. Please note your account number on your request and sign as confirmation.

Portfolio Maintenance Department
Barclays Stockbrokers
Tay House
300 Bath Street
G2 4LH

Alternatively you can call us by telephone on 0800 279 6551 / 0141 352 3909.

How helpful was this answer?

Not at all Very helpful