Skip main navigation

Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience– both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies, continue to use the website. Alternatively, go to the cookies policy for more information on how to disable cookies.


How do I verify my bank details?


To allow us to verify your nominated bank account, please send us:

• An original or certified copy* of your bank statement dated from within the last six months which confirms your name as account holder, sort code and account number. Please note we can accept internet bank statements.

Your nominated bank account must be a UK personal current account in your name and accept Sterling debits and credits and electronic payments. Business or Savings accounts cannot be used.

* Certified copies
Certified copies are duplicates of documents which a person of professional standing has stated to be genuine copies of the original documents. The person certifying the document must:

• Sign, stamp and date the document and state in writing that it is a true copy of the original which they have seen
• confirm their position (in line with acceptable certifiers above)
• provide a contact telephone number or email address
People who can certify documents are:
• Employees of Barclays Group or Barclays Wealth , including Barclays Bank counter staff
• Post Office certification service
• A government department, member of staff or official
• A director, manager or bank counter staff of a bank or an authorised credit or financial institution
• A director, company secretary or manager of an Approved Fiduciary Services Provider
• An Embassy, consulate or high commission officer in the country of issue
• A qualified lawyer or attorney, registered with the relevant national professional body
• A qualified accountant, registered with the relevant national professional body
• A notary public, a member of the judiciary, a senior civil servant or a serving police officer.

How helpful was this answer?

Not at all Very helpful