How do I make a contribution to my SIPP?
You can make a contribution to your SIPP in any of the following ways:
• Simply log in to your Cash Manager to top up your SIPP. Once you're logged into your account, wou'll find a link at the bottom of the Cash Manager page. This link takes you to the website of your SIPP administrator AJ Bell. They'll process your contribution. You'll be asked for your SIPP account number and you will also have to give your date of birth. Please note debit card payments go through a clearing process on AJ Bell’s side which takes 5 working days, meaning your SIPP will be credited on the sixth working day.
Please note that you need to be logged in to your account to fund your SIPP online by Debit card
If you use any of the following routes you need to complete an Additional Contribution Form.
• Electronic Transfer by CHAPS or online banking: contact the SIPP administration Team on 0845 300 9020 (option 4) for bank account details and how to ensure that electronic transfers are recognised.
• Cheque: Fund your SIPP by cheque, made payable to ‘Sippdeal Trustees Ltd RE (your name)
• Directly from your MarketMaster or ISA: You can transfer cash from your MarketMaster or ISA into your SIPP by contacting Barclays Stockbrokers Client Service on 0800 279 6551 / 0141 352 3909 and providing an instruction over the telephone
• Direct Debt: Make regular contributions to your SIPP by direct debit. Please complete the form and return to the SIPP administrator
You can also transfer existing pension savings into a SIPP. Before doing this you should consider whether you may lose out on any benefits or incur and charges. Some pensions may not be suitable to consolidate into your SIPP. If you are unsure you should seek professional advice. Find out more about how to transfer existing pensions to us, or speak to our specialist team which will help you an will ensure that your transfer is completed promptly.