Skip main navigation

Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience– both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies, continue to use the website. Alternatively, go to the cookies policy for more information on how to disable cookies.


How can I add shares held in a spouses name to my account?


In order to process your request to lodge stock into your account we require : 

 A Stock Lodgement Form  - detailing all certificates you wish to lodge into your Barclays account.

A Crest Transfer Form** for each stock you wish to lodge please note - if multiple certificates are held under different account numbers with the registrar - we will need a Crest Transfer Form per account number.

Original Share Certificates.

If you wish to deposit shares in your name into an account in a beneficial owners name we will also require a Third Party Transfer form

** If you prefer, we can fill out the CREST transfer form(s) for you – just complete the stock lodgement form and return it to us with your share certificate(s) and we’ll do the rest, However, we will need to return the CREST transfer form(s) for you to sign and send back to us. This will increase the time taken to lodge into our nominee name.

How helpful was this answer?

Not at all Very helpful