What can I invest in once I open a SIPP?
You have the flexibility to build a portfolio that reflects your investment goals and attitude to risk.
As a Barclays Stockbrokers client you can choose from one of the widest ranges of investments available in the market, including funds, shares, gilts and bonds, Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Exchange Traded Commodities (ETCs).
Please note that the value of investments can fall as well as rise and if you are at all unsure you should seek independent advice.
You can make a contribution to your SIPP in any of the following ways:
• Online using a Debit Card: You will be taken through to the SIPP administrator's (AJ Bell's) website, and your contribution will be processed directly. You will be asked for your SIPP account number (please insert as XXX/XXXXXXXX/XX) and to identify yourself with your date of birth.
Please note that you need to be logged in to your account to fund your SIPP online by debit card.
If you use any of the following routes you need to complete an Additional Contribution Form.
• Electronic transfer: Contact the SIPP administration Team on 0808 159 4953* (option 4) for bank account details and how to ensure that electronic transfers are recognised
• Cheque: Fund your SIPP by cheque, made payable to ‘Sippdeal Trustees Ltd RE (your name)
• Direct Debt: Make regular contributions to your SIPP by Direct Debit. Please complete the form and return it to the SIPP administrator.
• From your MarketMaster® or ISA: You can transfer cash from your MarketMaster® or ISA into your SIPP by contacting Barclays Stockbrokers Client Service Team on 0800 279 6551*/ 0141 352 3909* to provide an instruction over the telephone.
You can also transfer existing pension savings into a SIPP. Before doing this you should consider whether you may lose out on any benefits or incur and charges. Some pensions may not be suitable to consolidate into your SIPP. If you are unsure you should seek professional advice. Find out more about how to transfer existing pensions to us, or call us on 0808 256 3849* and we will help ensure that your transfer is completed promptly.