How do I open a MarketMaster® account?
Apply online and you could be trading the same day
Your MarketMaster® account is simple to set up. Apply online, by post or by calling 0800 279 6551 / 0141 352 3909
Get ready to open an account
• Check you are eligible, to open a MarketMaster® account you must be over 18 and live in the UK.
• Read the terms and conditions, additional terms and rates and charges: we will ask you to confirm that you agree with them.
• Ensure that you understand the features of the MarketMaster® account.
• Get your details ready: you will need your address details for the last 3 years and your bank account number and sort code.
The bank account you choose must be able to accept debit and credit transactions. It cannot be a savings or business banking account, but a typical personal current account should be fine.
Step 1: Apply online
The online application process takes about 15 minutes, and you can save your application and return to it later if you need to.
Step 2: Verify your identity
When opening a trading account we need to verify your identity. Often we can do this electronically, but if this is not possible (normally because you have moved recently) we will need to see other documents to complete these checks.
Step 3: Fund your account
If your application is accepted, you can fund your account with a debit card and you will be able to start trading on the same business day. You can also deposit money in your new account by cheque or by bank transfer.
Step 4: Complete your application
When the identity check is finished, you will be able to login to your account and start trading immediately. But to complete your application you will need to do the following:
• Fund your account by BACS/CHAPS payment or by sending us a cheque.
• Send us a signed Direct Debit instruction form or a bank statement showing your name and address (no more than 6 months old).
We may require you to send in some additional documents.
If you do not do this within 30 days, we will have to close your account.
Apply online now
Apply by post
If you prefer, you can download an application form and post it to us.
Apply by post
Barclays Stockbrokers is an execution-only stockbroker and does not offer advice. If you are unsure, please seek independent advice from a financial adviser. The price and value of investments and their income fluctuates: you may get back less than the amount you invested. Remember that how an investment performed in the past is not a guide to how it will perform in the future.