Can I trade by telephone if I haven't got online access?
Sometimes dealing online isn't convenient, or you may want to deal in an investment that is not available online, so we offer access to your account by telephone.
When dealing by telephone you'll be able to:
• Get up-to-date share prices using our automated pricing service
• Quote & Deal during market hours with a real-time price held for 15 seconds, so you know what the price is before you decide to deal
• Deal in investments only available by phone including gilts, bonds, a wide range of unit trusts
• Gain access to Barclays Stockbrokers Price Improver® which gives you the chance to beat the price displayed by the London Stock Exchange at the time you place your order
• Benefit from competitive dealing commission charges, with flexible commission offering the chance to pay lower commission rates across qualifying accounts
• See your account balances and a current valuation of your portfolio
• Deposit cash into your account quickly and conveniently.
Please contact us on 0800 279 6551* / 0141 352 3909* should you wish to deal over the telephone.
Note that the commission for dealing over the telephone differs to that of the online rates. View our rates & charges for further information.
*Calls to 0800 numbers are free if made from a UK landline and calls to 0141 numbers are charged at local rate, mobile costs may vary - please check with your telecoms provider. Calls may be recorded so that we can monitor the quality of our service and for security purposes. Our opening hours are 7.30am to 7pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 6pm on Friday (excluding bank holidays) and 9.30am to 12.30pm on Saturday.