Skip main navigation

Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience– both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies, continue to use the website. Alternatively, go to the cookies policy for more information on how to disable cookies.


Can I hold an ISA account with Barclays Stockbrokers if I stay abroad?


You can only pay into an ISA if you live in the UK or if you or you spouse or ciovil partner is a government employee posted overseas.

If you have ISAs which you took out when resident in teh UK and at a point move abroad, you can continue to hold and manage your ISA investments but are no longer able to subscribe further amounts to your ISA.  You should note that there are certain countries where investment activity is restricted and you may not be able to access the same investmetns or may indeed need to move your account to another provider. 

How helpful was this answer?

Not at all Very helpful